03 August 2008

jolee's blessing day

Today was Jolee's blessing day. It's actually her official "Due Date." I know, my repetition of this fact is getting redundant...but I can't help it! I'm just so thrilled that she came out 2 weeks ago, and not today! Anyway, today was Jolee and her little cousin, Luke's (Atau's little boy) blessing day. It was so nice that they got to share this special day together!

Us Sakuma's.
It's such a big crowd of people! And this isn't even all of us!
Congratulations Jolee and Luke on a great day!
Here's some pictures we took from the day.
This is with Mitch's parents who just happened to be here for the occasion. They leave tomorrow, so we were so thrilled that they were able to be here today!

And, here's us. My mom made the beautiful dress that Jolee (and little Luke, too!) wore for this day. It was such a cute dress...and I tried to take a picture of it, but don't think it came out quite as good as I would have liked.. She slept wonderfully before, during and after the blessing. Yeah! Although the microphone wasn't working too well so I missed most of the things Mitch said...it was still a very peaceful, happy and fulfilling day at church. :)

Then, after church, we all got together for dinner. Since Grandma and Grandpa leave for Arizona tomorow, we made sure to let Jolee spend some quality time together with her grandma & "papa."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the blessing! I think that it's a really beautiful thing to have so many family members! Take it from an only child - I'm sure I'm missing out!

Gini said...

Congrats Jo Jo on your blessing!! I love the entire blessing day, filled with the spirit and family. It's awesome.

Yumi you look to good to have just had a baby! Spill your secrets girl!