06 July 2008

welcome baby luke!!

NO, I didn't give birth yet...although there are a couple of reasons why I wish he were mine! (#1, I'd no longer be pregnant, & #2, a BOY!!...but anyway). Yes, my brother Atau and his wife Kiyomi had their #4 baby BOY this afternoon. At home. In the bathtub. And it was planned! They are so brave! Baby Luke weighed in at exactly 8 lbs. Over a pound heavier than all of their other babies, so poor Kiyomi looked exhausted! That's a Sakuma baby for sure! We Sakuma's tend to have big babies. I must say, our little Kela still holds the record for size out of all the Sakuma babies (8 lbs. 13 oz.). But, we're all so happy for them and and their super cute little baby boy.

So, with this blessed event, the reality of my impending Labor and Deliver is becoming a bit more nerve-wracking. I mean, she was only 4 weeks ahead of me...which means our little one will be arriving in less than a month!! CRAZY! Oh, those memories of timing contractions and laboring and pushing are rushing back to me now....

5 comments:

kim said...

Hard to believe Atau has 4 kids!! They are very cute. My only objection to having a baby at home is I would have to clean up the mess. Brave, brave woman!! Congrats!!

Yumi said...

It's so great having Atau guys here, too! And the midwife actually took care of cleaning up ALL the mess & disposing of...everything! So, they are very happy. Me? I'll be giving birth in a hospital. :) I'm not that brave.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Tell Atau and his family congrats from the Williams'! We are so excited for the next Sakuma to arrive!

Ryan and Val said...

Hi Yumi, please give our "congrats" to Atau, Kiyomi & their cute "little" family. Wow, the bathtub huh? Sounds like Shane & Alicia . . . much too brave for me! I barely made it through the hospital experience . . . with the drugs! Hopefully we'll hear good news from you too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Atau and Kiyomi! August is right around the corner - gosh, this year is flying by. I wish you a fast and easy labor. (But not "in the car" fast...if you know what I mean)