23 July 2008

first check-up

Today was Jolee's first well-baby check up. She is 4 days old now. I'm still in awe that just less than a week ago, she was still inside my tummy & all I did was complain about wanting her out of me!! SO HAPPY am I that my wish came true! :)
Anyhoo, her first check up went so-so. Her weight dropped 10% which raises flags for docs so I came home with some bottles of formula to help supplement my nursing to "fatten" little Jo-jo up. I had to do this with both my other girls, so no big news there...just a bit of a pain that I have to go back in 2 days to check up on her progress. Her jaundice isn't as bad as Anna's so we're relieved there! She currently weighs 7 lbs. 5 oz. I know, a pretty big drop. But like I said, this has become routine with all of our girls & my milk supply has started to come in so I'm not worried. She's a good eater and an excellent sleeper! Hooray!

Here she is sleeping in her "banzai" pose. This boppy has carried us through all 3 of our girls. Anna didn't care for it much, but Kela LOVED it and slept for hours in it. Jolee seems to be taking on some of Kela's sleeping traits, and we're so happy! So far, so good. Mitch and I keep saying she's a "happy medium" between Kela and Anna. Not quite as easy as Kela, but definitely easier than Anna was.
People ask how I can blog so soon after baby? This is the reason. All she does is sleep! I seriously have to wake her up to feed...even at night, she's sleeping in solid 2-2 1/2 hour blocks which is lovely for me. :) Plus with Kela at preschool all day, and Mitch home to help with Anna...I'm almost bored. Hmmm...I suppose that means I should get crackin on some much needed cleaning and organizing, but of course, that's all on the back burner for now.
*And to everyone, thank you so much for all of your well-wishes and comments! It brightens my day and brings a smile to my very emotionally-charged moodiness lately...

1 comment:

kim said...

I had issues with Anna dropping down to just over 5 pounds because there wasn't any milk--she didn't sleep though. She hollered!!! Thank goodness for formula to supplement (although for me I had to use it, I never got any milk). Noah was jaundiced, poor guy had so many Billy Reubens tests there wasn't any place left to poke. Once again, we had to go to formula so he could start going to the bathroom to help ckean him out, plus he had to sit in the window for some sun. No small feat for WA in March.

Glad to hear that she is such a good sleeper--here's to hoping she'll stay that way! She is darling. Wish I could cuddle and smell her. I love babies.