27 June 2008

finally!!


This past week, we finally moved into our room! My handy-man of a husband fixed the remaining carpet and made a platform for our futon mattress so now we finally have a bed to sleep on! Yea! I know what you're thinking...futon? Yes, we've been living "Japanese Style" on futons for the past 2 years and I've had it! So, to no longer have to get up off the floor is WONDERFUL! Imagine being preggo and having to get up off the floor for the ump-teenth time in the middle of the night?! Feel sorry for me yet? :) Just kidding. It wasn't so bad until I started getting huge, so now I'm happy as can be! I then sewed some panel curtains from some remnant fabric I had on hand, which turned out to be thick enough to block out the sun quite nicely! :) Yea for not getting woken up at 5 am by the glaring sun!
It took us a while to finish because 1) Mitch was super busy with his training schedule, and 2) we weren't sure it'd be worth putting any more effort into the room! But, we found out that the new owners of this property won't be touching the property until around September so that gives us a couple extra months to relax and slowly look for a new place to move. I'm so happy to no longer have to "rush" into another house. So we can now concentrate on preparing for baby and looking for the right new place for several more weeks before the pressures of packing and moving "hits" us for real. Horray!

4 comments:

Gini said...

I'm so happy to hear you won't have to rush and move. That baby would come early for sure if you were having to move big boxes and furniture. The room looks so great, nice job Mitch!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

So, I was under the impression that you bought some property from Airi or something, but I guess I was mistaken. So, really another move coming soon? We are right now in the middle of trying to cram all our stuff from a rental house into 3 rooms in Bracan's parents' house. Not much fun, but what can ya do? :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! You have to tell Mitch that I am so impressed by his handiwork! Wow! Don't tell Lad I told you but he onced put a broken table back together by hammering nails through the top of the table and has used glue to repair a broken drawer. Ty Pennington he is not! Remember that we're here in case we can help in any way!

Yumi said...

Rach-No, we didn't buy any property yet. We were living on Airi's lot (which got sold) and so will eventually have to move. The house we're living in now will be plowed over to make way for a huge 6000 sq. ft house, I hear. But, for now (and maybe until Sept or so) we get to stay put. We'll be moving in the next month or so, though...not looking forward to the move, but absolutely excited about a bigger place! :)

And Mari-that's too funny about Lad. Mitch wants to take carpentry classes and learn how to build cabinets and furniture...I think he needs a hobby! He's always enjoyed working with his hands (cars and such), so he's gotten better! I'll have to tell him about Lad's table fix. hee hee