10 May 2008

p-day

This week has been a whirlwind of shopping, baking, planning, etc., etc. Tomorrow (hmmm...I'm looking at the clock and realizing it's actually TODAY!!) is Anna & her cousin Aya's big birthday party and so in preparation for it all, my sister Elika and I have been crazy running around making sure we've gotten everything taken care of. Maybe a bit stressful, but oh, so exciting! :)
Today was the pinnacle of chaos. Trying to get all the shopping and errand-running done with two kids in tow is no easy feat...but horray for getting it all done! (I hope!)


Shopping at Sam's Club for all the last minute perishables...I often shop like this when Anna's nap time comes at "inconvenient" times. Remember Mom's! Always carry around a blanket in the car just for these times!

Here we are putting together the goody bags. And trust me, with a stomach this big, sitting on hard wood floors for an hour is no picnic...the things we do for our kids!
And, I don't think I've ever met a kid who didn't like waterballoons! We filled close to 200 waterballoons today...and looked like it! All of us were drenched-especially Anna who seemed to enjoy walking through the stream of water while slipping and sliding around Elika's deck...Anna's our water-lover.
*P.S. The pictures of us with the goody bags and me filling the ballons were taken by Kela...not a bad photographer (for a 3 year old, right?)



Ta-Da!!!
The Winnie the Pooh birthday cake I made for the girls. I am SOOO proud of this, you have no idea. Especially since I'm NO artist and have zero drawing skills whatsoever! Plus, thanks to Gini and her "Betty Crocker"-esque recipe of Devil's Food Cake, the inside of the cake tastes even better than it looks! Thanks Gini--your cake was SOO good (I actually licked the beaters when I made the batter--haven't done that in years!) and I know because I saved all the scrap pieces after I cut out the Pooh shape. :)
Is this not just the Cutest cake ever!?!
I took a picture and posted it tonight just in case it doesn't hold up to the weather tomorrow...but here's to hoping it will!!

4 comments:

Janee said...

That is a very cute cake! Seriously, I feel ya on the party prep, I'll be praying you have good weather (unlike me!)

jenn w said...

Yes, Kela is a pretty good photographer! Way to go Yumi, filling 200 water balloons! Good job getting it all done. Your cake turned out fabulous! (How could you have not licked beaters in so many years???)

Gini said...

Yumi, the cake looks awesome!! I don't think I could have done that. I hear ya about the cake batter, I have never tasted better cake batter. We were contemplating making the batter and eating it over ice cream the other night. Can you say, calories!!

Looks like the party will be a huge success! I am looking forward to days with water baloons!

kim said...

Your cake is wonderful!!! Looks like fun was had by all. Wish I could have been there!