01 May 2008

the newleyweds!


Congratulations to Mitch's Aunty Celia and her new husband Larry! They just got married last weekend and decided to make Hawaii their Honeymoon destination! So, we ate dinner with them last night at the Seavey's favorite restaurant, the Shorebird. It's kinda fun-it's right on the beach, has live music and whatever you order, you get to grill it yourself on a HUGE grill! I usually leave the grilling to Mitch since I'm not too fond of standing in front of the smokey grill when the weather is already hot and humid & then chasing around a couple of kids on top of that! Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not the fondest of buffet's, but we like it here at the Shorebird (and we always eat here when the Seavey clan is in town...)!
Dinner was nice and it was fun seeing them again--and since we couldn't join them at their wedding, this was our celebration dinner with them.
And for some strange reason, Kela and Anna were hyper beyond the norm and I seriously had to run around and chase them everywhere! The only time they sat still was when they had food in their mouths...so while everyone finished up their meals, I took them outside into the lobby to let them run around and blow off some steam. I seriously don't know where all that energy came from...they really didn't even have sweets that day--however, they both did crash out on the drive home which was ever so blissful~
hmmm...I'm beginning to get comfortable with the idea of having only 3 kids lately.......

2 comments:

Gini said...

I'm not to big on buffets either, for some reason Jasons family thinks that they are the best thing ever!! I've learned to keep my mouth shut and just go along with it. I have found one or two that I do like, and this one sounds like fun. I have just about given up trying to take my kids out to eat. For some reason, when we get in public my kids forget what an inside voice is! It drives me crazy, but then when they finally fall asleep, I think oh, they are so sweet. Why was I mad again?

Yumi said...

Ohh, we're so the same, Gini! :)
This one is not so bad...but yea, Mitch's family is all about the buffets--mine, not so much. And the "inside voice" thing...I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist with kids...