Yea! We couldn't believe it! Today, Anna went poo-poo on the toilet for the very first time! Her cousins Kumen (2 months older) and Aya (1 month younger) have been doing this for a little while already, but after "losing it" with Kela's potty-training (oh, how many times!!) we decided not to rush Anna. But, tonight, she came up to me all on her own and told me she wanted to go! I've put her on the toilet before, but she usually just sits there and wants to play with the toilet paper...tonight, though, she did it!! Hooray! She did get a bit scared at first, but after some encouraging and cheering (a lot of cheerleading!), she was brave enough to "do her business." We were so proud of our little girl!
I contemplated whether I should post pics, as some people might find this offensive...so if you do, I apologize. But, I figure she's only 2 (this Friday!!) and thought she just looked so happy and proud of herself-how could I not post?
23 April 2008
a big girl now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is such a happy milestone!!!! I can't even begin to tell you happy I am to be done with diapers. Potty training is a lot of work!!! I dreaded it each time. Hopefully she keep it up!!!
I can't believe she is only two and wanting to go on her own! My kids all were about three before they would do it with out me telling them it was time! Good job Anna!
Kela wasn't potty-trained until 3 & we felt bad for "forcing" her. Also, I realized how convenient diapers were when we were driving, shopping, eating, playing at the "unsanitary" park, etc...but I suppose since Anna's cousins are already going, and she sees Kela on the potty, she was probably getting anxious. We're hoping it becomes consisitent...but not really holding our breaths... :)
OH, to be done with diapers for good! It'll be a while for us yet.
Yay Anna! That's awesome! Oh man, I'm SO sick of changing diapers - still at least another year for us!
Congrats Anna!!! How awesome!!!Chloe is almost 2 and has yet to show any interest in starting her potty training. To be all honest, I'm not pushing the issue because I'm not looking forward to it myself. I think I'll "lose" it a few thousand times once we start. I just cant see putting her little toosh on those sicky, icky public toilets. The covers don't cut it either. But, I will suck it up and deal with it somehow.
Congrats Anna..you're a big girl now :)!!!
Post a Comment