06 March 2008

lost...for good.

Mitch has been counting down the days to the Auto Show coming to town since we went last year. So, with tonight being the opening day, we dragged the girls out to the annual show and made an evening of it. After a fanciful dinner at Ala Moana Mall..ramen for the girls : ) we went and checked out all the new '08 model cars. It's pretty fun, I must admit...I probably don't enjoy it as much as Mitch, but we have a good time & the girls especially like climbing around in all the luxury cars. Despite the googling eyes of the security guards making sure the girls didn't hang on the car handles (which Anna did) and climb all over the consoles and leather seats with their dirty little feet all the while getting thier sticky paw prints all over the freshly buffed cars (which they both did!), we had a great time. Mitch got to oogle over his "dream car" the FORD superduty F-350 Diesel truck, and I over the new Mercedes GL 550 SUV. It's such a beautiful automobile~! AND, they even have it in Diesel! Probably won't ever happen...but a girl can dream, right?
So, what was lost for good tonight (as stated in the title of this entry)? Well, you'll notice I have no proof of our fun evening because towards the end of the show, we realized that Mitch had lost our camera--he had it in his (very small board short pocket) and didn't think to check it now and again while getting in and out of all the cars we looked at.

Oh well...surprisingly I'm actually not too heartbroken. Ever since I almost lost my camera in Vegas this past January (thanks to my bro-in-law Takuya, we miraculously got it back!!), I've made it a habit of emptying out my pictures every time I use it. So, the only pictures lost were the few pics I snapped at the auto show. And it's a bummer, because we got some real cute pics of Anna hanging off the bumper of a Mini Cooper and Mitch drooling over his future diesel truck...and me wishing of the day the kids are grown up & I can finally have my "toy" Audi...(oh, I'm starting to get sad about the pictures...) *sigh*
Mitch is hoping someone will find it & turn it into lost & found...but I think he's just hoping he won't have to shell out the couple hundred dollars it's gonna cost him to replace it! The pessimist in me doesn't think that will likely happen. It's sort of a dinosaur in terms of digital cameras, but it's still a nice looking camera with a really neat case ( I loved that custom leather case!!) I mean, who turns down an opportunity for a decent camera, right? Arggh, it's quite a sad and empty feeling losing something...but I guess to look on the bright side of things, I finally get the new camera I've been wanting for a LONG time! I've really been in need of a camera upgrade, and now I get the chance!! Horray! Maybe I'm not so much of a pessimist after all! : )

1 comment:

Janee said...

Oh no! I would just die if I lost my camera! Hopefully someone turns it in!