23 February 2008

daddy works too much!

The other day, we were out in public and Kela asks Mitch what we're doing tomorrow...to which Mitch replies, "Daddy has to go to work!" Kela then says, "Daddy you just worked last time! You work too much!" Some nearby Mom heard and said, "They always miss their Daddy, huh?" We all had to chuckle at the irony of it all...for those of you who don't know, Mitch is a pilot and averages working about 10-12 days a MONTH! Being on "reserve" (sort of like on-call) means you have to be on alert a lot, but most days go by without a call & he gets the day off. But ever since we returned from our trip to Arizona, Mitch has basically been working 5 days a week! (I know, like normal people, right?) And last week, he actually worked 6 days all in a row. So, from Kela's point of view, he really is working a lot! Granted, his days are like half-days and comes home a little after noon everyday, but it's still a lot compared to what we're used to. I told my sister's this and they laughed because they're always teasing us that Mitch is home all the time! They always seem surprised when I say that he's at work! I don't think Mitch thinks that's as funny as the rest of us do...

I guess I'm pretty spoiled in that department. Mitch is available to relieve me of the kids quite a bit so I can get things done like running (or walking, now that I have a melon around my waist) or shopping (groceries, of course...ask any mom and they'll tell you that grocery shopping without kids is a LUXURY!)
So, yea, I should really be counting my blessings.

2 comments:

Ryan and Val said...

Hey Yumi! I found you! I got your comment to our blog, but didn't know how to find you . . . amszingly I found you through Starr's blog & Brian guys from your blog. Is it okay if I link you blog to ours? Give our love to the fam!

Ryan and Val said...

oops . . . sorry about the typo! i'm typing w/ one hand (and rebekah in the other!) i meant to type amazingly, not amszingly! hee, hee!