I'm not usually a fan of these school carnivals.
They're usually super crowded, overpriced, and little more than cheap entertainment for the benefit of the school.
BUT, since the girls actually signed up to HELP participate at several of the booths, we were obligated to attend. Plus, the girls really, really wanted to go.
So, even though Mitch was busy at work and Kaden was super tired and needed a nap, I parked a couple of blocks away, loaded a sleeping Kaden into a stroller, and headed to the school.
And I was right. About everything.
It was super crowded with kids running around everywhere and all the foods were way more than I wanted to spend on cheap food...but buy some food we did. Does cotton candy count as food?
While Anna and Kela had to help out with their class booths, I ended up following Jolee to the various booths she wanted to visit. She kept asking to get sparkly tattoos and so even though it was ridiculously expensive, we waited in line and she got a pink, glittery seahorse.
She also fished for some rubber duckies...
...threw little balls in buckets (this was Anna's class activity)...
...and ate some popcorn. And apparently also kicked her little brother out of his seat so she could rest after a full day of school and walking around the school family fun fair.
And even the older ones got to participate in a few activities after they were done with their booths.
I was hot and tired and slightly cranky after following these kids all round the school campus....but the kids really enjoyed themselves and even managed to score a few prizes at the end.






No comments:
Post a Comment