This morning, I went on one of the scariest hikes I've ever been on.
A few friends and I hiked up to the top of Koko Head Crater.
It's less than a mile up...but it's STRAIGHT up the hill. About 1000+ steps up, that is.
Plus, there is a small area where the tracks span over an open cliff area.
Nearly lost my nerve there, but we survived it!
And the view was absolutely breathtaking!
Well worth the near-death experience of walking up those steps! Ha!
And after the hike, we swung by a friend's house to take a dip in her pool and take a short walk to see China Walls. Plenty of surfers and cliff jumpers at this famous surf spot...but we just looked today.
Maybe one day, I'll be brave enough to take the plunge. Or, maybe not. It's still a pretty high cliff!
While I was hiking, Mitch took Kaden and Caleb to Magic Island to ride bikes around the bike path. How cute are these two?
So grateful for friends who challenge me to do hard (but exciting) things...and for a husband who takes the time to entertain the little ones so I can get away now and again!



No comments:
Post a Comment