28 June 2013

and she swims!

It's been a long time coming...Jolee MUST learn how to swim!
She's been afraid of the water for a long time, but since we live near the water and find ourselves INSIDE the water so often, we felt it was about time we got her swimming like her sisters.

 We looked and looked, but could find no better alternative than Leahi swim school.  I had mixed feelings about this place after Anna and Kela.  I didn't think they did as great a job of teaching them how to swim as I would have liked, but with little other options, we decided to give it a go and see how she does.
Believe me, I think I was more nervous than Jojo that first day!

 HOWEVER, wouldn't you know it, she had NO fear!
She jumped right in, put her face in the water and had FUN from day ONE!
The fact that just weeks before this, she refused to even let me hold her in the water is simply unbelievable to me!  Look at her!  This was her FIRST day of lessons!!


And mid way through the month-long session...she's still all smiles!

 Here she is in action.  
This was the last week of her lessons.  She nearly swam the length of the kiddie pool section to her instructor!  I was so very proud of my little fish!


 And then graduation day!
 Jojo and her swim mates with their instructor.


She was super excited to get her medal!
Now to get rid of her arm floaties and get her swimming FOR REAL with her sisters in the pool!


No comments: