Every year, the Tiger Tots preschool has one field trip.
They take the kiddos the zoo! And since I was asked to help chaperon, I got to go too. :)
We rode the school bus down to the zoo. Apparently, Kaden preferred to sit with his teacher instead of me. Which was totally fine by me!
I mean, he's only my youngest child....and my only son. Nah, I was completely fine sitting all by myself on a crowded school bus surrounded by tons of high school kids and toddlers all chatting happily while I sat in silence...*sniff, sniff.
Ok, so we arrived at the zoo but had to wait a few minutes for a couple straggler parents who decided to drive separately. Which means photo-op for everyone!
Here's Kaden's group of zoo explorers.
Lame side note: since they were short handed with parent chaperons, I had to walk with a different group than either Jolee or Kaden! Hence, hardly any pictures of them while inside the zoo. Kinda lame...but what can you do, right? It's not like Kaden was attached to me or anything...(note bus picture above).
Here's Jolee with one of her teachers.
Sorry for the butt photo-bomb next to her...we were in a rush and I had to choose between a photo-bombing butt or no photo at all. I chose the lesser of the two evils.
And here's Kaden walking with one of his teachers.
Just a side note: I am SO proud of how much Kaden has grown in the few weeks he's been attending Tiger Tots! He's totally come out of his shell and become so much more animated and independent! He still doesn't talk and gets frustrated when he can't express himself with words...but he has been having fun around other kids and has shown so much improvement with his separation issues! Yay!
And we ended the field trip with some playtime at the playground...where Daddy caught up to us after going jogging. We stayed for a few minutes and then headed home in our car instead of the rickety and bumpy school bus. It was a hot day, but the kids had fun and Kaden survived his very first school field trip!

No comments:
Post a Comment