May 9th 2013
I had heard about the solar eclipse happening in our islands and decided to find some way to catch a glimpse of it. I mean, solar eclipses (partial or otherwise) rarely happen, right?
So, after some Googleing...came across this simple and rudimentary way to safely view the eclipse without buying any special lenses or expensive telescopes.
So, this Pampers box was ALL I had to work with...but after attaching the requisite foil and poking a tiny hole in it and then taping a piece of paper on the inside of the box, voila!
Wouldn't you know it, it actually WORKED!!
Sure, the image wasn't crystal clear, and since the clouds came and went, there was some hit and miss and waiting around...but our patience paid off and we got to see the solar eclipse! In a diaper box! Ha!
We felt a little silly standing outside with a diaper box on our heads, but it was well worth it!
Yay for science!

No comments:
Post a Comment