For months, Anna has been asking to build a bird house. And terrible mother that I am, I've quite successfully ignored this request. Well, turns out Anna has more gumption that I thought because out of the blue, she presented me with a bird house of her own creation. Made from an old milk carton. Needless to say, I was equally impressed by her skills as I was ashamed of my callous disregard of her quest.
And so, to atone for my behavior, I strung some ribbon into the birdhouse and hung it from our lanai. Anna decided to put some bread scraps inside and then we waited. And waited. And waited.
Alas, no birds.
Anna was, obviously, disappointed.
And then, I had an idea. I decided to go out and buy some bird seeds and see if that would make a difference. But still...no birds.
Needless to say, Anna was getting really, REALLY sad.
And then I had another idea.
I decided to move the birdhouse away from our lanai (and subsequently, from rambunctious little children) and hung the birdhouse on our fence in the back yard.
The result?
BIRDS!!! And super cute little birds, to boot!
Anna was ecstatic! And so was I.
Can you believe Anna designed this birdhouse all by herself? Apparently, she utilized Daddy to cut out the windows, but the design was all her. As was the chopsticks for the birds to rest on! So clever!!
Good Job, Anna!!

No comments:
Post a Comment