27 January 2013

that pesky nursemaid's elbow

Jolee has tiny, little arms.  They're very skinny, and very frail.
A few months ago, she twisted her arm and got a nursemaid's elbow.  At that time, I managed to wiggle her arm a bit and it popped back in quite easily.
This night, we had the missionaries over and with a bit of jumping around, she managed to get it again.
However, this time, I couldn't seem to pop it back in.  We started worrying that maybe it was something worse! So, despite having a church meeting (actually, the "It's Gr-eight to be 8" program that I was in charge of!) I left the program in the hands of our Primary President and Mitch and booked it to the hospital with Jolee.

Here we are after checking in...still worried it's something worse than a nursemaid's elbow.


And then...after 30 minutes or so of waiting around, the ER doc walked it, took her arm and twisted it back in place, and it was all over in a matter of 15 seconds. 
Turns out, it WAS a nursemaid's elbow after all! 
She was almost immediately her happy self once again.
 Boo for long waits, but Yay for doctors! 
And Jolee was very brave throughout it all!
She's also been to the ER more times than all of our other kids COMBINED, but that's neither here nor there.
Hopefully, this will be the last time for a LONG time. 


No comments: