Our second celebration of Halloween was on Halloween Day.
Duh.
We had a Halloween Party at our church on October 31st.
While I think it's LAME when Halloween lands on a weekday (seriously, the kids have school the next day? After consuming copious amounts of candy?!), it was nice to keep it early and low key at our church building. The kids still didn't get to bed until close to 10pm...but what can you do, right?
So, here's the gang.
And in case you cannot tell (or forgot from 2 posts ago) Kela is a leopard girl (her words, not mine), Anna is a bat, Jojo is Tinkerbell and Kaden is Batman (minus the hood/ears because he cannot stand anything on his head). Kaden was also still recovering from his bout of the stomach flu so he wasn't feeling so great. Hence the teddy bear and pillow.
And since we were leaving an empty house for our neighborhood trick or treaters....I left a small bucket of candy. Hahaha...I highly doubt the candy inside lasted longer than 5 or 10 minutes. But I don't really care. We only left the "junk" candy inside anyway. Ha!
See? Sick boy.
This one was the happiest of all the kids. Go figure.
Here we are eating our spaghetti dinner before the candy collecting.
Picnic style! :)
Once the "trunk or treating" (trick or treating around the cars in the parking lot) begun...Jojo kept checking on her bag of candy. Making sure to keep track of all the lollipops, I'm sure. :P
Anna...shooting a sling shot for her candy.
Collecting more candy...
Jojo and the sunglasses she "trick or treated" and got.
Kela and her friend Sophie Riding Hood. :)
Even semi-sick...Kaden still manages to muster the energy to push the stroller around.
The kids with their cousins the Sakuma boys. :)
Mitch just happened to be flying this night so it was just me and my kids. And my brother's family as well.
Everyone was happy....except for ONE screaming child. Oh well..you can't have it all, right?
Like I said, as much as I detest Halloween on a weeknight, there's some benefits to it as well.
NO late night playing or excessive candy consuming on a Wednesday for our kids!
Yay! Hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween as well!
And to check out ALL our Halloween photos from this year, check them out HERE!

No comments:
Post a Comment