29 October 2012

halloween, part 1

Halloween being on Wednesday this year, I had the feeling we were headed for multiple celebrations.
I wasn't wrong.
Here's part 1.


Since our ward's Halloween party isn't until Wednesday, ON Halloween day, we decided to crash Airi's Halloween party in Kaimuki on Friday night.  They had  a nice potluck and trunk or treat activity planned for their kids so we tagged along for the ride.  Plus, it's the only way we could take a picture of the cousins together!
This year, Jojo was Tinkerbell.
The most I did for this get-up was glue some pop-poms on her slippers.  

 Anna wanted to be a BAT.
No, not Bat Girl.  But a BAT.
So, I sewed some wings, glued some fluffy stuff on the fringes and even made the bat ear headband (because NO store carries bat ears.  Cat ears galore, but NO bat ears.  What gives?)


Kela. I believe, is getting into that phase of life where she doesn't want to dress up much anymore.
She wanted to wear her "cheetah dress" and slap on some cheetah ears and call it a costume.
Since that left me ZERO work to do, I said OK.
Rumi was a dancing princess doll.


So, trunk or treating was first, and Jojo took a while warming up to the whole "asking people for candy" thing.

 Whereas these three were less shy about it.  

 Not to mention this guy.  
He was grabbing candy left and right.

 While cousin Caleb wanted to EAT his candy all night!  
How cute is this little tiger cub?
 Whoop, how risque is Kaden's costume, eh?
(hey, it's Hawaii and the temperature is in the 80's.  No way I'm layering that costume!)

 After making his rounds, he wanted to rummage through his loot and eat.

 When he wasn't distracted by flying airplanes in the sky, that is.

Kumen was "Indiana Jones"
He tried explaining who Indiana Jones is to Anna.  She has NO clue.
She hasn't graduated to watching classic 80's movies yet...

 After collecting more than enough candy, it was dinner time.
Notice all of Anna's tomatoes?  She loves tomatoes.  Weird, I know...


Rumi and Kela.  
Their plates looking sparse, as usual.


And Jolee.  After I FORCED her to eat her spaghetti, she's finally getting to enjoy her cupcake.
Which, she only licked the frosting off of, by the way.

 Caleb and Kaden.  
I think they were having a silent conversation...maybe about that toy car Kaden was playing with...because not ONE peep came out of either of them the entire time.  
These two are pretty quiet, for boys.

 And then it was off to do some games.
Kela and Rumi tossing the rings on the octopus.

 Jolee-pinning the tail on the cat.

 And Anna-shooting some Angry Birds.


The kids all decked out in their costumes.
Notice Anna-spreading her bat wings.  Ha!  
(Makes all the work I put into the costume worth it!)

In the end, Kaden cared more about playing with this toy car than anything else.  
Easy to please, this boy!
And...see you again in a few days when we celebrate Halloween on actual Halloween Day!
To check out the rest of the Halloween party pics, check them out here!

No comments: