It's that time of year again! Ward camp time, that is.
It's no secret that I'm NO camper.
And truth be told, neither is Mitch.
But the one time he will brave the outdoor elements is during Ward Camp week.
Or, I suppose I should clarify. Ward camp is one week. Mitch will only camp out one night.
The final night of camp week is a large pot-luck dinner with the ward. Those who don't camp (like me) usually drive up for that one night only. And then drive home to a comfortable bed.
Since the girls seem to like camping, Mitch usually pitches a tent and lets the girls enjoy the outdoors.
Although, in all honesty, the camp ground is on Bellows Airforce Base where they have flushing toilets and hot showers just a short distance away.
Does that still constitute camping?
Anyway, here Mitch is pitching their tent.
Looks pretty cozy for one grown adult and 2 little girls!
(I brought Jolee and Kaden home with me.)
Ever the boy...there was one sand pit in our camp ground so of course, Kaden found it.
Dinner time.
This was just after he kicked my food onto the ground.
He doesn't look very contrite, though, huh?
The girls enjoying the outdoors!
After dinner was the ritual trip to the beach for some crab hunting.
My camera was acting up so I didn't get any pics from the actual hunt.
Just Kaden waving his fiber-optic wand on the way down to the beach.
And after crab hunting was of course, s'mores time.
I'm not particularly a fan of s'mores to be honest.
Toasted marshmallows, yes. But s'mores, no.
Kela likes s'mores, though!
Whereas Jojo likes toasted marshmallows, like me.
Anna likes marshmallows untoasted.
And hot chocolate, too.
Yay for camping!
(but not for me...)

No comments:
Post a Comment