Okay, I'm a tad ashamed to admit how FEW pictures I took of our New Year's celebration.
Sorry...It's not that we had an uneventful New Years.
No, it was bustling and busy.
I just took more videos than pictures...videos that I've been banned from posting on here.
You'll understand later.
Sorry...It's not that we had an uneventful New Years.
No, it was bustling and busy.
I just took more videos than pictures...videos that I've been banned from posting on here.
You'll understand later.
Traditional New Years Eve meal in Japan is noodles.
It's usually soba noodles, but since we are Okinawan...we opt for the far superior Okinawa Soba. Hahah...ok, no offense to any Mainland Japanese there.
Anyhoo-after some YUMMY Okinawa Soba to celebrate the ending of 2011, and welcoming 2012, it was time to PARTY!
It's usually soba noodles, but since we are Okinawan...we opt for the far superior Okinawa Soba. Hahah...ok, no offense to any Mainland Japanese there.
Anyhoo-after some YUMMY Okinawa Soba to celebrate the ending of 2011, and welcoming 2012, it was time to PARTY!
And by "party" I mean busting out Wii Just Dance.
The kids had a BLAST!
Us adults had to literally wrench the remotes out of their hands to dance it up a couple times.
And dance, we did!
Normally, I would post one or two of the videos I snapped of said dancing...however I was "strongly coerced" NOT to.
Therefore, you will just have to take my word for it.
It was fun. For all of us. :)
The kids had a BLAST!
Us adults had to literally wrench the remotes out of their hands to dance it up a couple times.
And dance, we did!
Normally, I would post one or two of the videos I snapped of said dancing...however I was "strongly coerced" NOT to.
Therefore, you will just have to take my word for it.
It was fun. For all of us. :)
Well...okay, maybe not ALL of us....
December 31st also happens to be my nephew Jonas's birthday.
How would that be, huh?
Having the ENTIRE WORLD celebrate your birthday with fireworks every year?!
Happy 15th birthday, Jonas!
Gosh, I can't believe how old he is...Mitch and I used to babysit him when he was a baby!
And yes...that's a Chocolate Haupia Pie in lieu of a birthday cake.
Much yummier, in my opinion...
How would that be, huh?
Having the ENTIRE WORLD celebrate your birthday with fireworks every year?!
Happy 15th birthday, Jonas!
Gosh, I can't believe how old he is...Mitch and I used to babysit him when he was a baby!
And yes...that's a Chocolate Haupia Pie in lieu of a birthday cake.
Much yummier, in my opinion...
Okay, due to our awesome mayor...fireworks are no longer allowed on New Years and Independence Day.
Yup, you read that right.
NO FIREWORKS.
So, we settled for poppers instead.
Still fun...just not AS fun.
Yup, you read that right.
NO FIREWORKS.
So, we settled for poppers instead.
Still fun...just not AS fun.
Just a random picture of the night.
Kaden doesn't seem to like checkers much either...
Oh, and right about here, I'd post our New Year's Day pictures...except that I took ZERO pictures from the first.
Pretty lame of me, I know.
But we had various sushi (spicy ahi, spicy salmon, crab, & natto), somen noodles and the same great company.
Looking back, I must say that 2011 was a GREAT year for us Seavey's.
Each year seems to progressively get better and better...with our children, added blessings and progress. I have no complaints...just gratitude for all the great things that continue to come our way.
Here's to an even more fabulous 2012!
Happy New Year!!
Kaden doesn't seem to like checkers much either...
Oh, and right about here, I'd post our New Year's Day pictures...except that I took ZERO pictures from the first.
Pretty lame of me, I know.
But we had various sushi (spicy ahi, spicy salmon, crab, & natto), somen noodles and the same great company.
Looking back, I must say that 2011 was a GREAT year for us Seavey's.
Each year seems to progressively get better and better...with our children, added blessings and progress. I have no complaints...just gratitude for all the great things that continue to come our way.
Here's to an even more fabulous 2012!
Happy New Year!!

No comments:
Post a Comment