In 2 weeks, Mitch and I will celebrate our 9 year anniversary!
I wonder why that makes me feel so old all of a sudden...
Anyway, with the Holidays coming up...and with Mitch's busy work schedule...we decided to go out and celebrate it early.
Before all the Holiday madness hits.
I wonder why that makes me feel so old all of a sudden...
Anyway, with the Holidays coming up...and with Mitch's busy work schedule...we decided to go out and celebrate it early.
Before all the Holiday madness hits.
Mitch asked me where we should go and I immediately said Morimoto's!
If any of you know me...you know I'm a Food Network addict.
That's pretty much ALL I watch on TV these days.
And when Iron Chef Morimoto oped up a restaurant in Waikiki last year, I KNEW that I HAD to check it out sooner or later.
What better occasion to splurge on ridiculously expensive food than an anniversary, right?
If any of you know me...you know I'm a Food Network addict.
That's pretty much ALL I watch on TV these days.
And when Iron Chef Morimoto oped up a restaurant in Waikiki last year, I KNEW that I HAD to check it out sooner or later.
What better occasion to splurge on ridiculously expensive food than an anniversary, right?
We initially dined al fresco.
The weather was clear and nice (for the first hour or so...), and we had a nice view of the ocean.
Our first appetizer was the fresh tofu.
It came in this hot stone pot as a liquid. The server then poured a special sauce inside and we had to wait about 10 minutes with the lid on for the tofu to set...and then voila!
The weather was clear and nice (for the first hour or so...), and we had a nice view of the ocean.
Our first appetizer was the fresh tofu.
It came in this hot stone pot as a liquid. The server then poured a special sauce inside and we had to wait about 10 minutes with the lid on for the tofu to set...and then voila!
Fresh tofu! It came with 2 different sauces and some garnish.
Super yummy!
Super yummy!
Second appetizer was the Tuna Pizza.
Plenty of thinly sliced Ahi with sardine aioli and tomatoes on crispy thin tortilla.
Oh my goodness, was the best thing ever!
We also ordered a couple roll sushis...but I didn't take pictures because it's just rolled sushi.
Yummy! But just sushi.
Oh my goodness, was the best thing ever!
We also ordered a couple roll sushis...but I didn't take pictures because it's just rolled sushi.
Yummy! But just sushi.
You'll recall I mentioned that we sat al fresco initially...well, after the appetizers the weather started to turn and it started to rain.
We had to move indoors where it was not as quiet and a bit more crowded.
The guy at the neighboring table was literally the most annoying person alive.
Kept bragging about all the fine dining restaurants he's eaten at and bragging about his extensive knowledge of exotic cuisine to his dinner partner.
I felt sorry for her.
And for us who also had to bear it as well.
We had to move indoors where it was not as quiet and a bit more crowded.
The guy at the neighboring table was literally the most annoying person alive.
Kept bragging about all the fine dining restaurants he's eaten at and bragging about his extensive knowledge of exotic cuisine to his dinner partner.
I felt sorry for her.
And for us who also had to bear it as well.
Anyway, onto our fabulous dinner.
Mitch had the Wagyu Beef Loco Moco.
I wasn't really thinking (probably distracted by the droning lolo sitting next to us) so forgot to take a picture of Mitch's dinner.
It was very delicious, though.
But, here's my entree.
It was lightly seared Yellowtail Hamachi in a hot stone pot with veggies, egg, and dashi sauce.
Kinda like a play on Bi Bim Bap.
Also very yummy as breakfast the next day since I couldn't finish it after eating all the yummy appetizers!
It was lightly seared Yellowtail Hamachi in a hot stone pot with veggies, egg, and dashi sauce.
Kinda like a play on Bi Bim Bap.
Also very yummy as breakfast the next day since I couldn't finish it after eating all the yummy appetizers!
And our finale.
We got the Chocolate Peanut Bombe for dessert.
Peanut butter ice cream, chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse and a chocolate tuile.
I would probably give this restaurant 4 stars!
The food was great, company even better...and a slight deduction for the close proximity of an annoying neighbor.
Happy Anniversary to us!
We got the Chocolate Peanut Bombe for dessert.
Peanut butter ice cream, chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse and a chocolate tuile.
I would probably give this restaurant 4 stars!
The food was great, company even better...and a slight deduction for the close proximity of an annoying neighbor.
Happy Anniversary to us!

1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! Now I'm dying to try that place! (and I literally LOL'd because that guy even LOOKS annoying hehe)
Post a Comment