Several weeks ago, I had the brilliant idea to paint our kitchen cabinets.
Okay, so that's not quite true.
My sister Elika suggested it....and the very next day, we went out and bought paint.
I give all credit to her.
Okay, so that's not quite true either.
Mitch and I did pick out the paint color.
And did A LOT of work.
Okay, so that's not quite true.
My sister Elika suggested it....and the very next day, we went out and bought paint.
I give all credit to her.
Okay, so that's not quite true either.
Mitch and I did pick out the paint color.
And did A LOT of work.
Pre-ANYTHING.
It's not ugly, per se...but not very pretty either.
Just a whole lot of oak goin' on.
(ahem, don't mind the mess...that's pretty much a usual occurrence in our household.)
I know what you're thinking...
"You forgot sanding!"
To which I say, "NO. We didn't forget to sand."
We opted for a high quality primer and paint from Sherwin-Williams...which allowed us to forgo the dreaded task of sanding the cabinets.
Sure we paid a bit more for the paint, but let me tell ya'.
It was worth EVERY PENNY!
And then, we reattached the doors...
Now, I say "WE" but what I really mean is MITCH reattached the doors.
Voila!
Our semi-finished kitchen.
Which really turned out to be a much easier job than I had originally thought!
Granted, I wasn't the one who had to remove all the cabinet doors and hardware.
And then replace and rehang them once the painting was done.
But all in all...it was fairly pain free! The most difficult part was waiting for each individual coat of paint to dry...hence the rather long time frame in getting the work done!
Our semi-finished kitchen.
Which really turned out to be a much easier job than I had originally thought!
Granted, I wasn't the one who had to remove all the cabinet doors and hardware.
And then replace and rehang them once the painting was done.
But all in all...it was fairly pain free! The most difficult part was waiting for each individual coat of paint to dry...hence the rather long time frame in getting the work done!
And...I called our kitchen, "semi finished" because next on our "TO DO" list is to paint the walls and then add a tile backsplash. Hopefully in the Summer sometime.
Until then, we can relax and enjoy a much brighter kitchen!
Yay!
Yay!

1 comment:
Love it! Looks great!
Post a Comment