Easter!
This year, we didn't do the usual Egg Hunting at the local library.
Call me lazy but I just didn't have the energy to drag 3 kiddos to the library in the heat sans extra hands (aka. Mitch) to help.
So...we had *only* two Easter Celebrations.
I know, such deprivation!
This year, we didn't do the usual Egg Hunting at the local library.
Call me lazy but I just didn't have the energy to drag 3 kiddos to the library in the heat sans extra hands (aka. Mitch) to help.
So...we had *only* two Easter Celebrations.
I know, such deprivation!
Mrs. Neill brought each child a boiled egg to color with crayons...
Here they are!
Each with their boiled eggs!
She apparently grabbed the wrong carton of eggs from her fridge...thank goodness we found out this fact outside...AFTER all the coloring and decorating had taken place indoors.
Paper ones, that is.
And then on Friday, it was the BIG gathering with the cousins.
At our tiny little townhouse.
She grabbed these eggs within the first minute or so of the hunt.
And then went inside having filled her basket to overflowing.
The littler ones, however, took a bit longer.
We did it a bit backwards this year...and by the time the little ones got out there, the older ones had already gotten a hefty head start.
Next year, we're gonna monitor and stagger the hunters by age.
Duh, right?
Yes, lesson learned.
But anyway, the kids still enjoyed the day and got plenty of candy.
Here's Jolee's basket of eggs.
And her tummy, I guess.
Dinner time was a crowded, but yummy affair.
We may have a small living / dining room, but with these little fold-out tables for the kiddos, we somehow managed to cram 6 adults and 17 kids into our little 1200 sq ft townhouse!

No comments:
Post a Comment