11 February 2011

week 5 update

Kaden is now 5 weeks old.

He weighs 12 lbs. That's a weight gain of almost 4 lbs. in three weeks!

My, he's growing fast!


Here's just a few pictures of what we've been up to lately.

Kaden likes to sleep. A lot.

Especially during the day.

And most especially on people's chests.

Here he is on Daddy's chest.

I had to crop out Daddy's face because the evil glare he was giving me (and warning me: "Don't post it!") while I took this photo would detract from the cute slumbering baby.


Since I cropped "said grumpy face" out of the picture, I figure his warning is unfounded and therefore, null and void.

Also this past week...Mitch's friend Corey, from waaaaaay back in the days (high school days, that is) came for a visit with his lovely wife.

Since they seemed to enjoy Japanese food...we decided to take them to our favorite ramen joint, Tenkaippin.

It's super cramped inside, they only take cash, and probably doesn't have the cleanest kitchen around, but the ramen is SO good!

We also took them to eat yummy mochi ice cream at Bubbies..but since we were too busy chowing down on the ono homemade desserts, I didn't take any pictures there.

What's new, right?

But regardless...with excellent company, the evening was spectacular!

On our way home, Jolee fell asleep holding her very first Kumon book.

Kela and Anna have been studying out of these books for a while, and Jolee was SO excited to get her very own, that she refused to let it go the entire evening. Even in her sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~


And below are just a couple pictures I took with my phone.

Hence the grainy quality.

With a bit of help (aka, my leg), he's starting to sit up!!
He's getting so big!

*sniff, sniff*


And just starting to learn to smile...


Awww...now tell me this face doesn't melt your heart!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

How fun I can't believe how quickly he is growing! Such a handsome little man! How exciting that Corey came to visit! Love you all! Hope you are doing well!

Janee said...

Man he's getting big fast! So cute! (Yes, his face does melt my heart)...you guys need to make a trip to AZ soon I can hold him and sniff his head - cuz no more babies for us :(

Did B&C tell you guys?

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Can you blame him for sleeping so much if he's growing that fast? I say you're lucky you have a sleepy baby versus a crying one, right? So, funny about Mitch, hehe. But it is a cute pic, I don't blame you for posting.