26 December 2010

merry christmas!

Christmas 2010 has come and gone.


And WOW, I can't believe it's almost 2011!


Where DID all the time go?!


The Holidays seemed pretty quiet and laid-back for the Seavey's this year...here's a peek at what we did to celebrate.




The "Hawaiian" Christmas Tree made by Anna


Kela's ever-so-helpful note to Santa.




Christmas morning...before the unwrapping began





Apparently, Jolee thought THIS was the Best. Gift. Ever.


(It's a tin of M&M's if you couldn't tell...)




Oh, and THIS was a very close second.


Have you ever seen or used these Dot-Art Markers?


They're basically like Bingo markers for kids.


We got some several years ago and the kids LOVE them!


They lasted quite a while, too (we're talking years, now!)...so this was to replace the ones we just recently threw away.





But, unlike the old ones, THESE are washable.
Definitely a bonus.




And then, it was time to bust out the Play-Doh.


It all started out quite tame and civilized...






But quickly turned to chaos.
The mess at the end of their play session was insane!



I don't know WHAT Santa was thinking when he got the girls this set...


Oh, and I'm beginning to think that ants like Play-Doh.
At least that's the conclusion I came to upon returning home to a colony of ants under our dining room table. Even AFTER we swept up the mess.
Mopping the kitchen floors at 11PM was NOT how I envisioned myself spending Christmas evening.... but that's what I found myself doing nonetheless.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




And then...after Daddy had to fly out due to work...we headed out to
Aunty Airi's house for some Family festivities.



Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the food or the festivities.



I know...so lame.




But, I DID get a picture of Jolee the ballerina doing her best Nutcracker impersonation in the living room!
ha ha ha....




And, not to mention me my sisters.


In all our "pregnant" glory.


In case you think I look ready to "POP" let me assure you, I AM!


At 37 1/2 weeks, I feel like baby could come at any time!


And...not so secretly, hoping he will sooner rather than later!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


And then, speaking of HUGE...upon coming home, found this MONSTROSITY fluttering around in our kitchen.


With a wingspan of over 5 inches...let me assure you, it gave me quite a scare!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Here's hoping your Christmas was just as lovely and happy...and filled with lots of good stuff.


AND...may 2011 bring you even more!

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks like fun times. I'll have to check out the dot art marker things.

Love the pic of you and your sisters!

Anonymous said...

Santa would dare not bring Play-doh into my house. Bodily harm, I'm telling you! LOL! I love that picture of you, Airi & Elika too - priceless!