30 August 2010

another step towards organization!

For those who may not know me well...I'm not a very organized person.
To put it bluntly, I'm actually quite messy.
BUT...I do have aspirations! And I've decided to tackle my messy surroundings one step at a time.

The car is ONE place that I really can't stand seeing a mess.
It drives me CRAZY whenever I see toys and books strewn all over the seats and floors! So, with the help of a friend's blog, I got the idea to sew some book/toy caddies for our car.


This is your run-of-the-mill book caddy.
A bit smaller than I had originally intended...but it does do it's job.
And I now my girls have a place to put their "stuff."


But THIS! This is my own creation.
I felt bad for Jolee...who's seat is so high, she always struggled with not being able to reach anything to entertain herself with.
SO.
I sewed a strip of padded fabric (kinda like a scarf...but tapered in the middle to not interfere with the seat buckle) that drapes over the entire car seat. And with pockets on either side, she now has a place to put toys and small books in easy reach of her high car seat!
Genius, right?
Not sure if they make organizers like this...but since I've never seen one, I take full credit for this idea. ;)
(...Patent pending...)

1 comment:

Elika said...

That is genius:) Maybe you should sell em. I'll be your first customer. But maybe it's not worth all the work :P