This year, with the Fourth of July landing on a Sunday...we had 2 celebrations. Okay, that's not really true.
With so much family in town visiting and returning from various vacations and whatnot...we thought it a good excuse to get together twice!
SO, here goes.
Here's my mom with waaaaaay too many kids on the trampoline.
And NO. This isn't even all the grand kids.
While trying to take pictures of the kids jumping on the trampoline...this kid kept jumping in front of the camera.
I figure, he's cute enough! So I indulged him and snapped a few head shots.
=)
Awww...everyone loves Obachan!
And proceeded to play Goldilocks.
I think she found the Baby Bear's bed.
I can't even remember the last time all four of them got together...maybe our wedding?! Either way, it was a nice reunion. And one of the reasons why we planned the BBQ for this night.
I mean, who knows when this will happen again?!
~*~*~*~*~
Then...fast forward to Sunday night.
Then...fast forward to Sunday night.
We had a simple potluck dinner with family.
Surprise of all surprises...Jolee actually let my dad hold her!
Those of you who don't know Jolee probably don't realize, but this is quite a momentous moment.
Hence the picture.
Then, after dinner it was time for the fireworks!
And wouldn't you know it...being a family of non-smokers, we realized that NONE of us had a lighter or matches.
Luckily for us, however...we are a family of SCOUTERS!
Who says T.V isn't educational?
A few short moments later...it was a nice big blaze!
That stump you see in the left side of the picture?
All that's left is a pile of charcoal!
So ... please support your local Boy Scouts of America chapter!
You never know when those survival skills will come in handy!
And with all the smoke billowing around, I was glad to have an excuse to stay indoors with the kiddos!
How cool is that?!
Fireworks without having to deal with the crowds, or the parking, or even the hard ground to sit on?
PRICELESS!
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Fourth of July!!!

1 comment:
Looks like fun! Airi's house is in such a great location, and what a great idea to climb up on the roof!
Post a Comment