10 May 2010

mother's day weekend

Usually for Mother's Day, we get together with all my family here in Hawaii and have a huge pot-luck gathering.
This year was no different.
Except we had it on Saturday instead of Sunday.
And it was a BBQ.
Mitch took me out to dinner on Friday night with the girls so we could celebrate with "just us."
But I didn't take any pictures there...since we had ALL the girls with us.
I mean, is it even considered a celebration dinner with the kids?
Apparently it is.

Anyhoo-back to our BBQ.

Will you look at these coals? I just had to take a picture...there's a "K" on them! For the Kingsford Charcoal that we used...I thought it was pretty fancy of them.

And clever, too, considering they're getting free advertising now with me posting it on my blog and all...


(Maybe I should seek royalties...)

Before dinner, we did a little jumping on the trampoline.

Not to mention a bit of wrestling.


And some loungin' about.


And after all that yummy BBQ chicken and steak...dessert was root beer floats (not pictured because I scarfed it down in 30 seconds flat!) and brownies.


Then on Sunday, some good friends came over for a Sendai Mission reunion dinner. Well...just two Sendai RM's and two members of the Koriyama branch, but you get the idea.
What great fun it was to sit back and reminisce!

Me with Yuko (who was here on a belated honeymoon) and Emiri (who will soon be heading off on a mission of her own!)

The girls.

Playing so nicely together...
Happy Mother's Day!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love how the girl's are playing together on electronics! We've come a long way, haven't we?!!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks like another fun Sakuma gathering!