For the past 3 months or so...I've been suffering with (and yes, I truly am suffering!) blurred vision. If any of you happened to have been in a car I was driving...I apologize, rather belatedly...
So, anyway, I've had probably around 5 or 6 appointments with the optometrist trying to figure out how to get rid of this really annoying condition (and believe me, it's REALLY annoying!)
Finally, after repeated visits and continued use of eye drops, and daily eye-washing...I have a diagnosis.
Basically...I have an inflamed cornea with lesions on the surface that have blurred my vision and have made my eyes sensitive in the sunlight.
The kicker? There's no cure.
And treatment is to stay off contacts lenses, use rewetting drops, and wait till it goes into remission. Because it never fully goes away.
LAME-O!
The good news is... I can still probably get LASIK surgery once it goes into remission. I'll just have to wait a while. Like, maybe even a year or longer. And even then, it all depends on the doc. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get the OK since I'm going to one unhappy camper if I have to live with glasses for the rest of my life!
Do you know how inconvenient glasses are when living in Hawaii?
It's sunny like, 360 days out of the year!
Maybe I should invest in some prescription sunglasses...
*sigh*

1 comment:
Prescription sunglasses are a must! Sorry that you have to wait it out; must be annoying. I have really sensitive eyes too so I just don't wear my contacts very much. But if I do wear them longer than half a day my eyes are so sore the next day. I've just got used to squinting a lot to see stuff because glasses are a bother (not to mention kids grab them). So I feel for you.
Post a Comment