18 December 2009

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Ok. To be honest, that's sort of a lie.

When one lives in Hawaii-with the weather hovering around the upper 70's and even into the 80's? Can you really blame me for saying,

"WHAT? Christmas is here already?!? I'm not even done with all my Christmas shopping!!"

-Yea, that's sort of what was going through my mind TODAY!


Anyway, regardless of my mental preparedness...or, lack thereof...it seems Christmas is finally (already?) upon us, and so have the Christmas festivities.



Jolee and Anna have a preschool class they go to once a week with Mrs. Neill. This sweet lady goes all-out, and I mean, ALL-OUT with her little goodies for the kids.

This year, she made sugar cookies (in gingerbread man shape) for all the kids, as well as Christmas themed napkins, and gave each student a hand-sewn stocking with fruit (she's a teacher, what can I say?) and play-doh (my least favorite kid toy, but whatever).

Anna and Kumen enjoying their cookies.
Not pictured is Jolee...she was eating those cookies the ENTIRE time.
*see first picture in this post


Then this evening...
We had our church ward's annual Christmas party.
I took pictures of the beautiful play the kids put on...but it was so dark that I just didn't even bother to post them.
I'll just point out that Kela sang in the choir and Mitch was a shepherd in the play. They did great, and it was a spectacular Christmas program.
What's a Christmas Party without a Santa Claus, right?
And what's a Santa Claus picture without a crying child?
At least Kela was enjoying the festivities...one out of three really isn't too bad for our family when it comes to Santa pictures.
Usually, they flat out refuse to even stand in line!
Oh yes, progress is progress!


The girls with their friend, Makani.
See how happy they are when there isn't a Santa lurking in the corner?

Oddly...Jolee decided she liked the view upside-down.
She did this for a little too long, I think...

See? Too dizzy to even stand up straight.




Mele Kalikimaka & Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh what a Beautiful family you have!! I love the Santa picture...it really wouldn't be Christmas without a crying child...Love you guys and Merry Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh, you know what they say when your baby looks between their legs upside down and backwards...

Janee said...

I totally know what you mean! As I'm walking around doing my Christmas shopping today in a t-shirt and slippahs, 75 degrees, I'm thinking, is it seriously Christmas next week???

Cute pics by the way :)