I think this just may be the longest hiatus I've ever taken from blogging! Ever! I'd like to say it won't happen again--but considering how hectic things have been lately...I doubt I could keep that particular promise.
SO, bear with me . This will be a long one.

The Laie Temple here on Oahu is closed for 18 months while they renovate. This means that we have to fly to Kona on the Big Island to do any Temple work. Our ward planned an excursion for as many members as could go...and since Mitch was able to get the days off, we packed up the kids, pulled Kela out of school for 2 days (bad, I know. But SO worth it!), and decided to make a mini vacation out of it!
It was a GREAT little getaway!
The hotel was beautiful! Great pools, a water slide, infinity pool, 4 hot tubs, and a sandy pool perfect for Jolee.
Anna after her sunset swim.
Kela after her sunset swim.
This is the main reason why we were there.
It was my first time (Mitch's second) at the Kona Temple.
And it was simply beautiful! And even though I woke up sick and felt terrible, it was still a neat experience being in such a special place. Yes, I may have dozed a few times (so embarrassing!)...but I'm so glad we went!
The girls anticipating boarding the plane...
Can you see the Hawaiian Airlines plane in the bright background?
Hmmm, maybe not...

After a (too) short 2 1/2 days, it was "Aloha Oe" to Kona...and back to the real world.
This is the main reason why we were there.It was my first time (Mitch's second) at the Kona Temple.
And it was simply beautiful! And even though I woke up sick and felt terrible, it was still a neat experience being in such a special place. Yes, I may have dozed a few times (so embarrassing!)...but I'm so glad we went!
Can you see the Hawaiian Airlines plane in the bright background?
Hmmm, maybe not...
After a (too) short 2 1/2 days, it was "Aloha Oe" to Kona...and back to the real world.
Little Justus Jet was born 8 lbs. 5 oz. and now the Daley's are a family of FIVE!! Woo Hoo! Let the fun (and craziness) begin! For more pictures and details, check out her blog here.

And I suppose I couldn't update our blog without a quick snippet on the progress of our little monster.
Jolee is now 13 months old...and can walk around like a pro! She hates shoes, but has no problems stomping around wherever she can. She still refuses to give up nursing (much to my chagrin), and has yet to sleep through the night (ditto), not to mention still as attached to me as ever (another ditto). She doesn't handle strangers well AT ALL, but she's finally gotten to the point where she's comfortable on outings with at least Mitch sans me (but only on short trips, of course).
And I suppose I couldn't update our blog without a quick snippet on the progress of our little monster.
Despite all that, she's fun and quite entertaining. As frustrated as I feel on a nearly daily basis...we feel blessed to have 3 healthy and happy kiddos!
Kela continues to love kindergarten (yea!) and I'm finding keeping Anna entertained in the morning is less difficult than I previously thought (double yea!)
Here's Anna at Aunty Airi's house, where her daughters have a room full of various dress-up clothes and princess props.
And finally-little baby Justus, sleeping on his Daddy at 1 week old.
Kela continues to love kindergarten (yea!) and I'm finding keeping Anna entertained in the morning is less difficult than I previously thought (double yea!)
I think Anna's donning nearly all of them here!!
Awww...kinda makes me want another one. Kinda.
To see more pictures from our Kona Trip...check out our family photo site here.



No comments:
Post a Comment