01 August 2009

so long, summer!

We'll miss 'ya!
As you can tell by my sporadic posting the past couple of months...the Seavey's have been pretty busy lately. With the whirlwind of a summer finally behind us, I can now take a breath!
And catch up on posting the fun happenings of our activities these past few weeks.

This year was the first year we signed up Kela and Anna in swimming lessons. Kinda late, I know...but it's really expensive and since we finally live next to a pool, we decided this was the year!

We initially only enrolled Kela, but once Anna saw Kela in the pool, she fussed and whined...and Mitch relented. We signed Anna up a week later.

Unfortunately for her, she didn't realize that swimming lessons entailed her actually listening to the teacher and dunking her head under water!!

She didn't enjoy it as much as she thought she would, and there were a few tears shed (as well as some coaxing back into the pool on several occasions!), but in the end, she did her best and can now bravely do some "dunkie doos" unassisted.


Then, after a month and half, it was time to say Aloha Oe to Grandma and Grandpa Seavey. Well, Grandpa was here for only a couple of weeks total since he had to fly out for work, but Grandma was here for a solid 7 weeks!

The girls miss them already...

Before they left for the desert (a.k.a Arizona), we had one last BBQ at the beach. The water at Hickam Beach was BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely gorgeous! The adults took turns kayaking out into the open waters. I wasn't going to go out (because let's face it, I'm pretty chicken), until Mitch called me out on it & told me not to be such a "wussy."
Yeah, I couldn't prove him right! I paddled out past the boats & then got spooked and scurried right on back to shore.
It sure was beautiful out there, though!
The waves were relatively calm...but a bit deep for our girls.
They ended up spending most of the afternoon floating around in our spring float and relaxing!
Jolee, on the other hand, just couldn't get enough of the sand!
Yes, she likes to eat it, too.


The night before they left...outside their favorite restaurant, The Shorebird.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a GREAT summer!
.

And, to prove that Summer is finally over...Kela started Kindergarten!!!
Well, technically, this was taken on her "testing" day.
Her OFFICIAL first day will be Tuesday the 4th!


So, really...So long, Summer!!
It really was fun!
And you will be missed...








1 comment:

Janee said...

Looks like a fun-filled summer! I can't believe Kela is already in Kindergarten!