13 June 2009

kites & bikes & beaches


Yup, it's DEFINITELY summer!
With the girls being out of preschool and the weather so unbearably HOT lately, we've been scratching our heads trying to occupy ourselves in the most "cooling" manner possible.
So far...no such luck.
There seems to be no escaping the heat!
We trekked out to the park to let Kela ride her new (old, but new to her) bicycle. This is her very first bicycle (I know...she's already almost 5! We're slow.) She got the whole training wheel thing down...next step -- onto the 2-wheel maneuvering. I think I'll leave that up to Mitch.
Anna's a PRO on the trike. She only needed help when she veered off onto the grass, and got stuck.
Oh, and Mitch has a new hobby: Kite flying.

Of course, we can't forget about the beach. With the Kona Winds lately, the water has been super warm and like GLASS! Crystal clear and perfect water for our little keiki (kids) to splash around in.
THIS is why we LOVE living in Hawai'i!

No comments: