01 April 2009

yes...

...we went to the zoo again.

Almost everyday, when Kela and Anna ask what we're doing the next day, I tell Kela that she has preschool. Then, Anna-with as much surety as a 3 year old can muster-says, proudly, "And I'm going to the Zoo!"

I always feel so bad when we have to break it to her that,

"no...we can't go to the zoo today."

Today (well, technically, it was yesterday), however, with Kela having no preschool, and her cousins and friends still being on spring break, Anna's wish came true!


Despite the fact that we had to circle the parking lot numerous times (I ended up giving up and parking at Kapiolani Park across the street-and got a bit of exercise in the process, too! Yay!) and the zoo being super crowded, they all had fun. Plus, with the slightly cooler weather, the animals also seemed in better spirits and were out walking around!

OH, and Spring must be in the air...we saw a peacock flaunting his "stuff" trying to attract a mate. I think. It was pretty fancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a bummer that we missed the zoo outing. It looks like you had a great time with the girls! (Maybe the boys were hiding out somewhere?) The parking is horrendous - when we went yesterday it was surprisingly open. They had a few Kamaaina Kids groups there but they all came on a bus. And I think you're right - the anmals were enjoying the cooler weather - they seemed more "peppy"!