My nephew Marques turned Eight Years-Old in early February, so this past weekend was his Baptism. He got baptized with his classmate, Dallen. I was pretty nervous since I had to give the talk...but what a great service it was! I was honored to be a part of the program & was so proud of my nephew. Afterwards, he even got up and bore his testimony. Boy, they sure do grow up fast, huh?
And then...
It was inevitable. Another birthday has come...and gone. I am officially (ahem) 32 years old.
Yikes! Do I look as old as I feel?
This year, with the crazy busyness of the week, we actually celebrated mine and Rumi's (my niece who happened to be born on my birthday, 6 years ago!) birthdays in increments. Which basically means we got to celebrate it TWICE! Great! TWO reminders that I'm an "old fut!"
The first celebration was on my actual birthday (the 25th)-Mitch took me out to dinner sans kids (my choice: Sushi. I didn't have time to snap a pic...to busy scarfing it down. LOL) except for little Jolee...who if you haven't noticed, is attached to my hip at all times.
Yep, it'll be a while before I can leave her with a sitter.
Afterwards, we got together with Rumi & the rest of the Kurihara's for a movie and some ice cream!! (Rumi's movie choice? Barbie princess, of course!)
And then on Sunday night, it was time for the "Happy Birthday" singing and cake.
Actually, I sort of forgot...but Saturday was Rumi's birthday party with her friends. Airi went all-out with a bounce house, a pinata, and even a cotton candy machine! It was quite the production, really.
However, since (as I stated previously) Jolee is permanently attached to my hip at all times, the only picture I managed to get with my camera was this shot of Kela, Anna and Aya in the bounce house before all the other guests arrived.
I did, however snap quite a few pictures of everyone with Airi's fancy-smancy camera that I'm sure she'll be posting on her blog any day now. As soon as those are up, I'll link it to this post. :) So for now, this is all I got. Sorry.



5 comments:
THanks for all your help...it was sure fun with everyone! I'm hoping to have a relaxing weekend though!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :) I guess if we still have to celebrate birthdays, you might as well do it right!! :) It sure looks like you guys know how!! :)
Happy Belated Birthday Yumi! Don't feel bad . . . I'm a year older than you. And you look great. I'm bummed I missed all the fun at Rumi's party and seeing you again.
Happy Belated Birthday Yumi! You and Rumi share your birthday date with Conrad's brother Jeremy! Speaking of family members having the same birthday, I think Elika and I have the same birthday - Feb 10th! February is a wonderful month for a birthday if I don't say so myself! :) Having joined the 32-year-old club just a few weeks before you... it's not all that bad. But I still can't believe I'm 32 either! :) hee-hee
Hah! If you're an old fut, I'm not sure what "I" am! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! We still need to go out and celebrate!
Post a Comment