14 February 2009

jolee update

Jolee has gotten a bit better at eating. She still, however, makes quite a mess--mostly all over her face & hands as she sucks her thumbs in between bites and rubs her hands all over her face, clothes, etc. etc.
To keep the spillage at a minimum, I usually dangle a toy above her head...to keep her attention focused in one direction as I scoop the food into her mouth. Meal time is such a chore sometimes!



Also, as a side note, she's discovered stairs. A little too soon if you ask me...but at least she can't quite climb it yet. She has learned, however, to prop herself up on her feet while holding onto the steps, or someone's legs, or the wipe box, etc.





This one's a mover, I tell 'ya!




2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

You inspired me to put up some pics of Alice. Sounds like Jolee is doing pretty well getting around. Alice gets really frustrated a lot when she can't get where she wants to. I think having older siblings really gets the littlest to start moving.

Anonymous said...

Eating was a challenge for Chyler as well. She would put her hands in her mouth as well - and then, it would be a mess from the get-go. Jolee's growing up SO fast!