12 August 2008

to do: buy new baby monitor. asap!

We used to have a GREAT baby monitor. But during the year+ it was stored away, something happened and it no longer works. I've been meaning to get a new one, but figured our house is so small! I'll just wait until we move into our new place to get one. After today, I think I just may go get one tomorrow! ASAP!
This afternoon, I put little JoJo down for a nap in her bassinet since Kela and Anna tend to get a bit loud when they play around. The doors were wide open, so I assumed that I'd be able to hear her cries when she woke up. Anyway, I lay down for a short nap on the couch in the living room...thinking that if JoJo woke up, Mitch and the girls would wake me up. Without me knowing, Mitch decided to take the girls to the park...and didn't think to wake me up! Well, I was deep asleep when Mitch came home with the girls...and Jolee was crying. I have no idea how long she was crying for--all I know was she was crying her little heart out, red-faced and sweating, and I was knocked out. I felt terrible! Terrible, terrible, terrible for neglecting my little baby...bad Mommy!
(I would have taken a picture of my poor little girl, but I was feeling too guilty...)
I'm hoping there wasn't any permanent damage. Just kidding. She's fine. I doubt she was crying for longer than a few minutes...but just the fact that I was unaware, makes me feel so sad! :(
*********************************************************************
And just for the sake of posting some picture, here's a shot of my mom (Obachan) feeding little Jolee after dinner. She slept for 4 hours in her car seat while we drove to town, ate dinner & dessert, and drove home. Such a good little girl!


3 comments:

Mako & Kaori said...

Hey Yumes, we enjoy reading your blog. Nice pictures and nice of you to put pictures of Luke as well. By the way, bottles rule!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've done that before. Except he woke me up with the crash of a toy falling on him. Who knows how long I was out. Bri was like - seriously, you can't do that! So, yeah - I know how you feel. :)

Mindy said...

I love your cute new look on your blog! I wouldn't worry about the nap thing though.....I don't know a mom anywhere who hasn't dozed off for a bit at some point! How in the world can we ever keep up with everything that goes on? I never prepared myself for the lack of sleep and constant exhaustion that would come with being a parent!!! My parents somehow neglected that one very important detail :). It makes me tired just thinking about it! :)