02 July 2008

mno!

We had our every-so-often necessary Mother's Night Out last night. I must say, it was very nice to have free time without husbands or children to relax, talk story and just enjoy some fun and silly conversation. And no, not all of our conversation revolved around kids or husbands...although it is true, we do talk (and sometimes gripe and make light) of all that we mom's go through on a daily basis. I think we need it! So, thanks guys for a great night away~

Here's dinner at Kincaid's. I'm craving the crab & artichoke dip again already! (it was so yummy as an appetizer, I ended up ordering it for my dinner as well!) Hey, it was my "splurge night!"

Then it was off to the movies. We saw "Made of Honor".

I'll admit, I have a problem with movies with this theme...of the person who's dating or engaged, while harboring feelings for someone else...that sense of 'emotionally cheating' on the person they're dating/engaged to/or married. How terrible! I know, I take these stories too seriously and probably analyze too much, but it's a personal irk of mine--and many movies/shows have plots like this. Anyway, my personal feelings aside, it was a cute movie. Plus, I enjoy movies with happy endings (hope I didn't spoil the ending for those who haven't seen it and plan to...) so wasn't terribly disappointed. But in the end, I left feeling slightly unsatisfied...Boy, am I a boring movie-watcher or what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love MNO! I had a great time! And the appetizer WAS yummy! Thinking back, I'd like some right now. Hope you're doing ok without your other half. If you ever need a nap, bring them over for awhile - I have so many already we can throw them into the mix. Haha! Plus, they're adorable and I need more estrogen in this house! See you tomorrow!