02 April 2008

whew! false alarm

Or is it? I saw the Opthamologist and basically, she thinks my "supposed glaucoma" scare is really not a threat. There was a hemorrhage on my optic nerve which I need to go back next week for some more testing (peripheral vision tests, etc.) and they'll be needing to monitor it for the next few months to make sure I don't get any more...but I probably needn't worry. So, although I really never did stress about it, it's nice to hear it from the experts. :)
Horray for sight!
Oh, and P.S. During my appointment I had my eyes dilated for the very first time. Ever. It was so weird. But, I must say, having to drive myself home with dilated pupils on a sunny afternoon was beyond weird...for any of you out there faced with this opportunity, I highly recommend it. Just kidding! It probably ranks up there in the top 5 freakiest experiences I have ever had...by far. I shudder at the thought of having to do it again next week!

And, now that Airi and Elika's families are back from their respective Spring Break vacations, Kela and Anna are especially happy to have their usual playmates returned safe and sound. And although Rumi is still getting over a NASTY bug she caught in Utah, she's well enough to entertain Kela in her favorite activity: playing "house" (which I can't stand, but can't seem to get her to stop!! Any ideas? I'm all open for suggestions). Anyway, despite my constant worry about Kela getting too close to Rumi (she frankly mentions this to Rumi upon our arrival..."My Mom says I can't touch you because I don't wanna get sick"), they all had fun.



4 comments:

kim said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to see Airi. I forgot her number and we were so busy. Truly, if Rachel hadn't been so persistent, I don't think we would have seen her either.

Cousins are fun. That was my kids' favorite part of vacation.

Glad you're going to keep your eyesight!!!

Gini said...

I'm glad to hear you are not going blind!! That would really freak me out to get that kind of news. I worry about every little possibility that something could go wrong. Last summer I wouldn't take Lillia outside because I was afraid of west nile!! My other kids were always covered in bug spray. I'm kind of a freak like that.

Gini said...

I had to tell you, I saw that movie we were talking about. So good!!! Oh I cried, and Jason laughed at me. I don't know why, but I love movies that make me cry. You'd think I'd try and stay away from that kind of thing! So thank you for the recommendation. (you are such a bad example!ha ha)I loved it!

Yumi said...

Oh Gini, now I feel terrible for recommending it to you! But wasn't it gooood? I loooved it, too. I love tear-jerkers. I'm such a girl.